Wednesday, April 4, 2018

NICE POEM BY Jụstfọrfụn Chinedu Nkwọcha

INDIGENOUS STRANGER:

Religion.....!
H'came from far beyond,
Took my culture,
Threw it into oblivion.

Played my humanity
Rob me off my identity.

Culture,
My way of life.
Now you're almost gone,
I take everything,
Hook, line and sinker.

My culture,
My identity,
I traded you in ignorance,
Now he's made me next to nonentity.

Religion,  what an insolence.

Am i not grown Enough...?
Grown enough to ask questions...!
Questions about my identity.
The identity that defines my originality..!

I have basked in mediocrity,
Since the day i turned against myself,
In the pursuit of another mans identity.

I hold not unto mine,
Yet my borrowed identity,
I hold not unto.

Now I'm likened to a stranger,
A stranger in my fathers house,
Yet my adopted house can never be mine.

I crave to trace back to my root,
Embrace my culture,
Be proud of my identity.

I'm tired of being a stranger,
In my indigenous home.

Aa was written by Jụstfọrfụn Chinedu Nkwọcha.

No comments: